Effective March 1, 2021
), and apply to your use of our “Services”, which include:
- Our eDiscovery Assistant e-discovery support and legal research platform and web application (“Platform”); and
- our corporate website at ediscoveryassistant.com, and other websites where we link to/post this Policy, including any subdomains or mobile versions (the “Sites(s)”).
- Web Site Use Generally
- Description. Our Service an online service providing curated legal resources for electronic discovery.
- No Professional or Legal Advice. the Service is not intended to be or contain legal advice. Any opinions and advice found on the Service are those of the author and not necessarily those of EDA. Any information supplied by any employee or agent of EDA, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter or other form of communication, is intended solely as general guidance on the use of the Service, and does not constitute professional or legal advice.
- Eligibility, Access, Use and Service
- Prohibited Uses Generally. You are required to comply with all applicable law in connection with your use of the Service, and such further limitations as may be set forth herein and in any written or on-screen notice from EDA. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere, or which has the effect of interfering with the proper working of the Service or website.
- copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit or use for commercial or public purposes the Service, except to the extent required in order for you to use the Service in the manner expressly intended by EDA (including providing public links to case law); and
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or privacy, or other right of any party, or distribute any content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- attempt to use another user, person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including (without limitation) EDA or create or use a false identity;
- assist any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these Terms;
- send or promote any message that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, disparaging regarding racial, gender or ethnic background, any statement that you have reason to know is false or misleading, or otherwise objectionable messages, as determined by EDA in its sole discretion;
- use any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or other information for purposes of registering as a customer or registering for any promotions offered through the Service or website.
You further agree not to violate or attempt to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation,
- access data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access or otherwise attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or website, or portions thereof that are restricted from general access;
- attempt to interfere with the security of the Service or availability of the Service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”, the Service;
- send unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- use the Service to store or transmit code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs or Trojan horses; or
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. EDA will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Further, without our prior written consent, you may not:
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, create derivative works, or exploit for any commercial purpose any EDA content or any use of or access to the Service that is not otherwise publicly available;
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Service or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon, unless in connection with indexing by search engines;
- deep link to the Service for any purpose; or frame the Service, place pop-up windows over any content, or otherwise affect the display of the Service;
- access the Service in order to build a competitive service or to benchmark with a non-EDA service; or
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, create derivative works from the Service, which includes the information and software made available therein.